For those projects which are still in the early stages we offer a free online Construction Cost Calculator which provides a Professional Preliminary Estimate, which can be used to match your design and specifications to your budget or it can be used to provide a quick less accurate Ball Park Estimation.
For those projects that are ready to go we provide a full building estimation and cost analysis service for new construction and renovation projects across the UK.
We work with our clients on a personal basis as already mentioned when you become our client you will always work directly with one of our experienced qualified surveyors; we never delegate projects to an inexperienced junior surveyor.
To illustrate what we offer and how we work with you here is a comprehensive programme of our services available to you from Day 1.
Consider it a menu as it is unlikely you will need all of these services.
- Send sketches or any drawings client has any information on the project.
- Send through the planning permission, or application if not yet approved.
- Liaise with Client and other consultants to determine Clients initial requirements and subsequent development of the full brief.
- Advise on selection of other consultants if not already appointed.
- Advise on implications of proposed project and liaise with other experts in developing such advice.
- Advise on feasibility of procurement options.
- Establish Client's order of priorities for quality, time and cost.
- Prepare initial budget estimate from feasibility proposals.
- Prepare overall project cost calculation and cash flow projections.
- Prepare and develop preliminary cost plan.
- Advise on cost of design team's proposals, including effects of site usage, shape of buildings, alternative forms of design and construction as design develops.
- Monitor cost implications during detailed developed and technical design stages.
- Maintain and develop cost plan, and prepare periodic reports and updated cash flow forecasts.
- Advise on tendering and contractual arrangements taking into account the Clients priorities and information available from designers.
- Advise on insurance responsibilities and liaise with Client's insurance adviser.
- Advise on warranties.
- Advise on bonds for performance and other purposes.
- Advise on use and/or amendment of standard forms of contract or contribute to drafting of particular requirements in association with Clients legal advisers.
- Prepare tender documentation including Schedule of Works/Rates in conjunction with the Client members of the design team.
- Extra over cost of Schedule of Works for preparing tender Bills of Quantities.
- Prepare first stage tender documentation including Schedule of Rates in conjunction with the Client members of the design team.
- Advise on short listing the prospective tenderers.
- Investigate prospective tenderers and advise Client on financial status and experience.
- Attend interviews with tenderers
- Arrange delivery of documents to selected tenderers.
- Check tender submissions for accuracy, level of pricing, policy, etc.
- Advise on errors and qualifications and, if necessary, negotiate thereon.
- Advise on submission of programme of work and method statement.
- Prepare second stage tender documentation and negotiate contract sum.
- Review financial budget in view of tenders received and prepare a revised cash flow.
- Prepare report on tenders with appropriate recommendations.
- Advise on letters of intent and issue in conjunction with Client's advisers.
- Draw up forms of contract, obtain contract drawings from members of design team and prepare and deliver to both parties contract copies of all documents.
- Prepare recommendations for interim payments to contractors, subcontractors and suppliers in accordance with the contract requirements.
- Attend site meetings.
- Value designers draft instructions for varying to the project before issue.
- Prepare periodic cost reports in agreed format at specified intervals including any allocations of cost/ or copies as requested by third parties.
- Prepare the final account.
- And breathe!